District Finalists from the Bay Area District will be asked to submit a video for judging at the Metropolis level Oratorical Festival. The District Chair will submit finalist contact information to the Metropolis on or before April 13, 2021. Parents of Bay Area District finalists will be contacted on April 15, 2021 with the specific information links for uploading video submissions, due on or before April 25, 2021.
Video Format Speech Guidelines
As with the in-person format, the focus will be the speech and the speaker’s delivery. Please observe the following guidelines:
- Film the speech holding the video device in a landscape/horizontal position.
- Keep the background simple. (Example: a painted wall or a closed door)
- Do not add any video effects.
- State your division and topic number and read the topic before beginning the speech. (Example: “Senior Division, Topic #2, ………..)
- Use the following greeting: “Brothers and sisters in Christ, I greet you!”
- Not including your introduction in the previous two bullet-points, the remaining content must be within the specified time limits: 3-4 minutes for Junior division, 4-5 minutes for Senior division. Points are deducted for being too short or too long.
- Do not make any identifiable personal references such as naming yourself, your priest, your city or your parish.
- Dress in church attire.