District Finalists will be asked to submit a video for judging at the Metropolis level Oratorical Festival. The District Chair will submit finalist contact information to the Metropolis on or before May 1, 2021. Parents of District finalists will be contacted on May 3, 2021 with the specific information links for uploading video submissions. (Note: Since the Southern California District festival is by video submission on this site, SoCal district finalists will not need to upload a new video.)
Video Format Speech Guidelines
As with the in-person format, the focus will be the speech and the speaker’s delivery. Please observe the following guidelines:
- Film the speech holding the video device in a landscape/horizontal position.
- Keep the background simple. (Example: a painted wall or a closed door)
- Do not add any video effects.
- State your division and topic number and read the topic before beginning the speech. (Example: “Senior Division, Topic #2, ………..)
- Use the following greeting: “Brothers and sisters in Christ, I greet you!”
- Do not make any identifiable personal references such as naming yourself, your priest, your city or your parish.
- Dress in church attire.