STEP ONE: Register as a Parish Chair with the Archdiocese.
The Parish Oratorical Festival Chairperson is asked to register with the archdiocese on this form.
STEP TWO: Hold a Parish Oratorical Festival.
The Parish Oratorical Festival may take place any time before April. The parish may determine whether the festival will be in-person and live (socially distanced), via Zoom, or via video submission.
STEP THREE: Register Parish Finalists with your District.
The parish may advance 2 speakers per division (junior and senior) to the District Oratorical Festival, which will take place during the month of April. The Parish Chairperson is responsible to communicate the following information to the District Chairperson.
Parish Name and City
JUNIOR Speaker(s) Name,
JUNIOR Parent/Guardian Name, Email, and Phone
SENIOR Speaker(s) Name
SENIOR Parent/Guardian Name, Email, and Phone
(The following does NOT apply to Bay Area parishes and District)
The following District Festivals will take place by video submission:
Chairperson: Ann Davis
Chairperson: Fr. Christian Burkhard
Chairperson: Aristi Anagnos
After the Parish Oratorical Festival has taken place in March, the Parish Chairperson will visit this site, and complete the form below with the name and contact information of no more than 2 junior-level finalists and 2 senior-level finalists from that parish. This form must be completed no later than April 3, 2021. The parents of the parish finalists will be contacted by the Chair in each District by April 5, with the link needed for the speaker to submit a video of his or her speech. The speaker’s video must be submitted on or before April 17, 2021 for judging at the District level.
Video Guidelines for Speakers:
As with the in-person format, the focus will be on the content of the speech and the speaker’s delivery. Please observe the following guidelines:
- Film the speech holding the video device in a landscape/horizontal position.
- Keep the background simple. (Example: a painted wall or a closed door)
- Do not add any video effects.
- State your division and topic number and read the topic before beginning the speech. (Example: “Senior Division, Topic #2, ………..)
- Use the following greeting: “Brothers and sisters in Christ, I greet you!”
- Not including your introduction in the previous two bullet-points, the remaining content must be within the specified time limits: 3-4 minutes for Junior division, 4-5 minutes for Senior division. Points are deducted for being too short or too long.
- Do not make any identifiable personal references such as naming yourself, your priest, your city or your parish.
- Dress in church attire.